Lunch Box Recipes
What goes into the school or work lunchbox doesn’t need to be such a big hassle..
Packing a healthy lunch box is important to give your kids the energy they need to play, learn and focus at school as well as the nutrients they need to grow. However, it’s also important to make sure their lunch box is full of a variety of delicious foods that your child will actually enjoy and want to eat. Here’s a little help from the team at The Biting Truth to pack a healthy and yummy lunch box for your kids – simply use our quick and easy formula that ensures every lunch box is balan...
A great Lunch box option, these Samosa patties are fulfilling, different and will be enjoyed by your children.
4 Sanitarium Weet-Bix finely crushed
500g potato, peeled and chopped
500g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
¼ cup grated cheese
½ cup frozen peas and corn, steamed
¼ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoon oil
1 Place all potatoes in a saucepan an cover ...
These Purple Rice Paper Rolls offer a healthy, interesting school lunch which offers variety from the standard sandwiches.
½ packet Vermicelli noodles
Couple of drops of Purple grape Hopper natural food colouring
10 Rice paper sheets
1 cup Lettuce - shredded
1 cup baby spinach – shredded
1 cup carrot – julienned
Left over roast chicken - shredded
Can you beat a warm scone with cream and jam? Delicious!
-3 Cups SR Flour
-300mL Thickened Cream
-1 Cup Milk
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced oven). Lightly dust 2 oven trays with flour.
2. Roughly mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just combined and form a dough. Do not overmix!!
3. Turn dough out onto your benchtop (also lightly floured). Gently pat dough out to ...
Delicious with a hidden healthy kick to it, these muffins are a great snack for kids.
-2 Cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
-1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
-1/2 Cup Milk
-60g Butter, melted
-3 medium-sized Bananas, mashed
-250g Dark Choc Chips
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C Fan-Forced).
2. Add flour & sugar into a large mixing bowl. Combine, and ...
Roasted Chickpeas-otherwise known as Chickpea Chips in our house. This recipe is so simple and the 'chickpea chips' are so more-ish. It's hard to stop at a handful!
Tin of chickpeas
Seasoning of choice; eg. Sea salt, Moroccan seasoning...
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
2. Drain the tin of chickpeas.
3. Rinse the chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel.
4. When dry place the chickpeas on to a baking tray an...
A simple recipe to create healthy, wholesome fruit muesli bars to sustain your child at school.
½ cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup natural muesli
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1½ cups rice bubbles
1 cup sultanas or sliced dried apricots
¼ cup sunflower seeds
¼ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
How to make it:
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
Healthy, homemade chicken nuggets free from gluten and preservatives. Note: This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, eggs and sugar.
Makes: 16. Prep: 10 mins Cook: 10 mins
500g free range chicken mince
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
Olive oil for frying
In a mixing bowl combine ingredients well. (Try not to over...
Are you bored of plain old sandwiches for lunch? This delicious take on the humble sandwich is so very tasty!
-Shortcut Bacon Rashers
-Baby Spinach Leaves
1. Toast turkish bread lightly in the frypan. Put aside.
2. Fry off mushrooms & spinach leaves in butter and put aside.
3. Fry bacon.
4. Put all ingredients on turkish bread, and season with salt and white pe...
Banana Honey Muffins
These muffins taste great, freeze well and are a great way to get fruit into the kids! :)
2 Cups SR Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
75g Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Tbs Honey
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Large Bananas, Mashed
1. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake cases and preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine ...