A nice accompaniment to a hot cuppa tea, and something a little different for the mums group meet these Walnut Cinnamon Biscuits are delicious and not too sweet 🙂
-1 Cup Walnuts, chopped
-125g Butter, softened
-1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
-1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
-1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
-1 1/3 Cups Self Raising Flour
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Place walnuts on a lined baking tray. Roast for 3-5 minutes or until light golden brown. Put aside to cool completely.
2. Reduce oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter & caster sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and cinnamon, and beat until just combined.
4. Add flour & roasted walnuts to the mixing bowl, and stir until well combined using a wooden spoon.
5. Spoon level tablespoons of mixture, approx 4cm apart, onto prepared trays. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.