Lorie’s Flapping Good Flapjacks or Yummy Pancakes
Although the instant pancake shaker mixers are so simple; when you have a load of hungry children Lorie’s Flapjack or Pancake recipe is quick and easy. Utilising few ingredients and with a recipe to feed and fulfil 4 -8 children, it only takes a few minutes to create and enjoy.
2 cups Self Raising Flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tsp vanilla essence
2 pinches of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tsp sugar
- Add Flour, Salt and Sugar to a bowl and mix together.
- Add eggs, vanilla essence and milk, beating or whisking together well, making sure there are no pockets of flour that aren’t mixed in.
- Get a spoonful of mixture and lift above bowl and slowly pour back into bowl to judge thickness. If needed add more milk slowly to get the desired consistency.
- Heat a non-stick pan (medium hot) and brush lightly with oil. Add a dollop of the mixture and either leave it thicker for flapjacks or manoeuvre the mixture around pan around the pan to spread it more evenly and thinly.
- Watch the pancake cook and once there are bubbles forming throughout the mixture, flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. If the bubbles come yet the pancake is still too runny, turn down the heat.
- Transfer cooked pancake to another plate and start the process again with the next pancake.
- Serve and enjoy with Nutella, Jam, Cinnamon Sugar, Butter and more!
This recipe is perfect for Flapjacks (the thicker smaller pancakes) however with additional milk you can thin the mixture to create a fantastic Pancake.