Quick and easy to make, this Naan Bread is the perfect accompaniment for any Indian dishes you create.
3 cups plain flour
1 sachet yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Vegetable or Canola Oil.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add oil, yogurt and water.
- Mix together to form a dough. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth in feel.
- Put dough into a ball shape in a bowl and cover with clingwrap to rise for at least 1 hour. It should double in size.
- When ready to cook, split dough into 6 similar sized portions and using fingers or a rolling pin smooth dough to around 0.5-1cm in thickness.
- On Medium heat, place butter into a large pan and cook the Naan Bread for a few minutes each side, watching that they don’t get burnt.