Perfect finger food for your next party
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ½ cup skim milk
- 500g very lean beef mince
- 1 packet (35g) salt-reduced taco seasoning mix (Old El Paso®)
- 1 small onion finely diced
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 egg white
- pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven 190°C fan forced.
- Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl, leave for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well. Roll into 18 small balls. Place meatballs on a baking tray that has been coated with cooking spray.Bake 30-40 minutes or until cooked, turning once. Serve hot or cold.
VARIATIONS: To make meatballs hotter add ¼ teaspoon chilli powder to mix or pour heated jar of salsa sauce over cooked meatballs.
FAT TOTAL 6.3g
KILOJOULES 760 (cals 181)
GI RATING Medium
RECIPE FROM SYMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BOOK 1