Delicious Mash Balls
Perfect as an accompaniment to dinner, a fulfilling afternoon snack for children and finger food for toddlers; these mash balls are delicious and will be enjoyed by everyone.
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 rashers of bacon, diced
60g butter (3 Tablespoons)
½ cup -1 cup milk
½ cup tasty cheese,
½ cup parmesan cheese
- Place the potatoes into a pot of water, bring to the boil and boil for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cook your bacon rashers in another pan (to save time/effort I usually cook the bacon with the food the night before).
- Cut cooked bacon (when cooler) into small bite size pieces
- When potatoes are soft, create mash: empty the water from the pot, add butter then milk, a little at a time, mashing all ingredients together until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.
- Into the Mash, add bacon and both tasty and parmesan cheeses. Mix together and allow to cool.
- Place breadcrumbs onto a plate and once mash is cool, roll into balls and place in breadcrumbs, crumbing all over. The potatoes we used created a ‘sticky’ mash and breadcrumbs were fine. If yours don’t stick, or you would prefer, you can crumb in the traditional method by placing the balls into flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Place onto baking paper and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden in colour.
- Serve and enjoy your Mash Balls!